Practice, practice, practice!
1. You can never be too careful around the Dangerous Hot Key: Weeks and weeks of practice, and then, when you least expect it, yeowch! You tap the one boiling-hot key.
2. Your teacher would slap your wrist if she caught you sucking on a bean: It didn’t matter if it helped you focus. Sucking on beans—even a simple garbanzo—was strictly forbidden at the piano.
3. The middle foot pedal runs the garbage disposal: Gotta be careful with this one.
4. You chained your piano to the bike rack outside your recital as a precaution, only to get so nervous that you forgot the combination when it was your turn to perform: Oops.
5. Opening for Billy Joel was always a big hassle: Ugh. You had to dress up in your nice slacks, arrange your music neatly in a black binder, and haul ass all the way to Madison Square Garden. At least it made your parents happy.
6. The piano teacher always smelled like guitars: He should have smelled like pianos.